SCOUTING’S PREMIER LEADERSHIP TRAINING PROGRAM FOR ADULTS!
- Who is eligible for Wood Badge?
- Any Scouter currently registered with the Boy Scouts of America who has completed the basic leadership training for their registered position.
- Scouter should have some basic camping experience before attending.
- What is Wood Badge?
- A fun, exciting, and action packed program designed to provide members with leadership skills and experiences they can use in their home troops and in other situations demanding leadership of self and others. Wood Badge incorporates the latest leadership ideas and presents fresh, vital and meaningful training for today’s Scouters. The Wood Badge course teaches the best in modern leadership theories in the context of traditional scouting activities. Dynamic presentations and videos help keep your attention focused on learning while providing hands-on opportunities to apply what you’ve learned and gain confidence in your abilities.
- What participants will learn
- Knowledgeable in Communications Skills
- Ethical Decision Making
- Servant Leadership
- Team Development, Resolving Conflict
- Coaching and Mentoring, and Teaching Others.
- Learned skills about how to create a vision of success
- How to set goals
- Make plans
- How to solve problems
The Wood Badge experience is ideal for training unit leaders. It can also be a valuable experience for use in the workplace.
A scouter considering this course should have the enthusiasm and desire to participate in this fun and valuable learning experience.
Wood Badge requires mandatory attendance at a three-day weekend (Friday – Sunday) and a 2-day weekend (Saturday- Sunday) training sessions. Training will be held at the Horseshoe Scout Reservation.
Our 2020 dates are April 17-19 AND May 16-17.