Trained leaders are essential to the success of our organization.
Leader Position Training Information
Honoring our commitment to delivering the best possible program to our youth, in Chester County Council we require all direct-contact adult leaders to complete basic training for their position. Untrained direct-contact leaders lose the privilege of serving in that capacity and will be dropped from their unit charters when the unit renews its charter at the end of the year.
Your unit can see what training your leaders have completed by using the My.Scouting.org account of your committee chair, top unit leaders, or chartered organization representative (the unit “key three”).
Every youth deserves a trained leader. Thank you for your service and for seeking the training opportunities that will help you better serve our Scouts. For more information, contact the Training team at [email protected]
NEW! – District Committee Basic Training
District Committee Training has been taught the same way for many years with a very dated course. We are happy to announce that by leveraging the BSA Learn Center we are providing the district committee a learning environment that provides them the content they need when the need it while leveraging professional training for consistency in district training. This new learning replaces the District Committee Workshop and provide learning plans aligned with the various district committee positions and functions.
Position trained status (D61, D62, D75) will be provided for those who complete their training.
- Click :BSA LearnCenter
- Click: Position – Non Unit Specific Training
- Click District Committee
The online training supersedes the District Committee Workshop.
Direct contact leader positions are: (Click position name for requirements)
- Lion Leaders
- Associate Crew Advisors
- Tiger Den Leaders
- Den Leaders
- Assistant Cubmasters
- Assistant Den Leaders
- Webelos Den Leaders
- Assistant Scoutmaster
- Assistant Webelos Den Leaders
- Crew Advisors
- Unit Committee Chairs
- Chartered Organization Repesentatives
Linking Your BSA ID to your my.scouting account
Below are step-by-step instructions on how to link your BSA ID# to your My.Scouting account. Keep in mind that by following these steps any future training completed in the My.Scouting portal will automatically be logged in and our records will update. This is also especially helpful at Recharter time.
- Go to https://my.scouting.org and Sign in To My.Scouting with your username and password.
- In the upper left corner, click on Menu, and select ‘Legacy Web Tools’ in the drop down menu, then click on ‘Manage Member ID’.
- Under ‘Manage Member ID’, select Chester County Council – West Chester, PA – #539 in the drop down ‘Council Name’ menu.
- Enter BSA ID# (contact if you do not know this) and click on the ‘Add’ button.
- Click on the ‘Save’ button, then ‘Close’ and you are done.
Training on My.Scouting
Select ‘My Dashboard’ from the main menu, the YPT training portal will be displayed.
* To complete your position specific training, click on Training Center in the submenu.
* To view trainings you are required to take, click on Requirements in the submenu.
* To view your completed training, click on Completions in the submenu.
* To print certificates of your completed trainings, click on the printer icons on the right side of the trainings listed on the Completions page.
For more information please contact: [email protected]