The Boy Scouts of America realizes that background checks are an important component of a comprehensive Youth Protection program. That’s why, before a volunteer can be confirmed, references are checked, a National criminal background check is conducted and the person is screened against a list of names of people who do not meet the high standards of Scouting.
PA Act 15 requires very specific background checks for both employees and volunteers of youth serving organizations like Chester County Council.
Click Here for the step by step instructions for obtaining each of the three clearances.
Volunteer Background checks
Click on the items below to go directly to the information you need:
- Chester County Council Policy to comply with PA mandated background checks
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Sample Certifications – What to Send Us
- Obtaining the Background Check Certifications
- Submitting the Background Check Certifications
- FBI Fingerprint Waiver
Volunteers can use this form to waive the need to get fingerprinted if they have lived in the state of PA for the last 10 consecutive years.
- Waiver for Maryland Volunteers
For volunteers that serve with Maryland chartered units.
- Waiver of Youth Supervision
For volunteers that have no direct control or supervision of minors.
- Council volunteers without youth supervision
For District, Council, Area, Regional and National Volunteers