The Chester County Council will offer two excursions in 2021
Mon. June 28 - Sat. July 10 and Mon. July 12 - Sat. July 24
The 2021 Contingent is filled!
*final cost is dependent on airfare rates
|Deposit Due – $400 Per Registration At Registration|
|Payment 1 – $525 Per Registration By 6/30/2020|
|Payment 2 – $525 Per Registration By 9/30/2020|
|Payment 3 – $525 Per Registration By 11/30/2020|
|Balance Due – Balance Due By 1/15/2021|
Registration for our 2021 Philmont opens on January 1, 2020. You will use the above link to complete the required online registration. At the end of the registration there will be an application to complete and submit along with a $400 deposit.
Philmont Scout Ranch is the Boy Scouts of America’s largest national High Adventure Base. Its 35 staffed camps and 55 trail camps provide an unforgettable adventure in the high country along hundreds of miles of rugged, rocky trails. The working ranch covers over 200 square miles in the mountains of Northeastern New Mexico.
This is a great chance for individual Scouts to get to Philmont as a member of a crew made up of Scouts from more than one troop. It is also a chance for troop crews (between 7-12 youth and adults) to join in a council trip rather than planning a trip on their own.
2021 Flight Information
- All Scouters planning to attend must complete the online registration.
- Philmont uses the term ‘crews’ to define Scouters attending as one group; a crew is limited to twelve, with a minimum of seven participants required. A minimum of two adults must attend with each crew; the maximum number of adults allowed to attend with a crew is four.
- The minimum crew size requirement must be met prior to applications being submitted. All of these applications/deposits should be submitted at the same time.
- Fulfillment of available crews as well as requested dates of attendance are assigned in the order in which troop’s applications/deposits are received at Council. Once the number of crews provided by Philmont are filled additional troops will be placed on a waiting list.
- It is permissible to for a troop to submit applications for more than one crew along as attendance requirements are met.
- Troops are permitted to attend consecutive years.
- Scouters wishing to attend without their troop will be assigned to a crew based upon available space and the troop’s (making up that crew) approval.
- Crew assignments will be determined by Council’s High Adventure (volunteer) Advisor.