The Chester County Council will offer two excursions in 2020
Sat. June 27 - Sat. July 11 and Sat. July 11 - Sat. July 25
Estimated cost: $2450
Registration for our 2020 Philmont opens soon. You will use the above link to complete the required online registration. At the end of the registration there will be an application to complete and submit along with a $400 deposit. We begin accepting applications/deposits on January 25, 2019.
Philmont Scout Ranch is the Boy Scouts of America’s largest national High Adventure Base. Its 35 staffed camps and 55 trail camps provide an unforgettable adventure in the high country along hundreds of miles of rugged, rocky trails. The working ranch covers over 200 square miles in the mountains of Northeastern New Mexico.
This is a great chance for individual Scouts to get to Philmont as a member of a crew made up of Scouts from more than one troop. It is also a chance for troop crews (between 7-12 youth and adults) to join in a council trip rather than planning a trip on their own.
Plan on attending as a unit not with the council? Click here for instructions on how to register.
2020 Philmont Links & Documents
2020 Flight Information
|June 27, 2020||American Airlines #1781||Philadelphia to Denver||8:20am/10:37am|
|July 11, 2020||Southwest #1017||Denver to Philadelphia||4:35pm/10:10pm|
|July 11, 2020||American Airline #1781||Philadelphia to Denver||8:24am/10:45am|
|July 25, 2020||Southwest #1017||Denver to Philadelphia||4:35pm/10:10pm|
- All Scouters planning to attend must complete the online registration.
- Upon completion of the registration participants will complete the provided application/agreement & understanding document, which requires a unit leader’s signature, and submit it with a deposit in the amount of $400 per person.
- Council begins accepting applications/deposits on January 25.
- Philmont uses the term ‘crews’ to define Scouters attending as one group; a crew is limited to twelve, with a minimum of seven participants required. A minimum of two adults must attend with each crew; the maximum number of adults allowed to attend with a crew is four.
- The minimum crew size requirement must be met prior to applications being submitted. All of these applications/deposits should be submitted at the same time.
- Fulfillment of available crews as well as requested dates of attendance are assigned in the order in which troop’s applications/deposits are received at Council. Once the number of crews provided by Philmont are filled additional troops will be placed on a waiting list.
- It is permissible to for a troop to submit applications for more than one crew along as attendance requirements are met.
- Troops are permitted to attend consecutive years.
- Scouters wishing to attend without their troop will be assigned to a crew based upon available space and the troop’s (making up that crew) approval.
- Crew assignments will be determined by Council’s High Adventure (volunteer) Advisor.