It's time for Yard Signs!
Contact the membership team to have them delivered to you.
UNIT NEW MEMBER COORDINATOR (NMC)
Sustaining strong membership in a unit depends not only on having new members join the unit, but also on engaging youth and their families in the unit experiences so that they feel welcomed and want to stay. The role of the New Member Coordinator is to ensure that both keys to success take place.
The New Member Coordinator (NMC) position has been designed to:
– Be a FUN and engaging position.
– Form relationships with new members and their families.
– Use a team approach by encouraging more than one NMC in a unit, allowing them to tailor their work to individual interests/expertise, as well as to recognize the particular needs of the unit.
– Fit every type of unit, every age level and every program.
– Be recruited and supported by key unit leadership.
– Be provided with training both online and face to face.
– Be mentored by the district membership chair and become part of the district membership team.
– Be visible and easily identifiable at unit gatherings by their Welcoming smiles and their BSA “Welcome” logo that they display and wear on an activity shirt, on a hat or vest or in some cases, a pin on a field uniform.