2021 Summer Camp Operational Plan
Updated April 1, 2021
We are aware of the new CDC guidance released on May 13. We will review our policies with local officials and will make changes as needed.
Please see below for our current summer plans for overnight summer programs at the Horseshoe Scout Reservation. Please keep in mind that these plans can change as national and local directives, policies, and procedures are announced.
Organized camping is a creative, educational experience in cooperative group living in the outdoors. It uses the natural surroundings to contribute significantly to physical, mental, spiritual, and social growth.
- Camping contributes to good health.
- Camping helps campers develop self-reliance and resourcefulness.
- Camping enhances spiritual growth.
- Camping contributes to social development.
- Camping is an experience in citizenship training .
- Camping at the Cub Scout level introduces kids to the knowledge and skills that they will learn and apply more thoroughly as a Scout.
The Cub Scout Outdoor Program
Camping at the Cub Scout level introduces kids to and helps them develop outdoor skills at an age-appropriate level that will later be applied more thoroughly as a Scout.
The Scout Outdoor Program
Outdoor adventure is the promise made to Scouts when they join Scouting. Scouts yearn for outdoor programs that stir their imagination and interest.
Amazon Wish List
Suuport the camping programs with a gift!