- This event has passed.
Wilderness First Aid – March
March 2 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Mar 2 – Tue 2 hr online class
- Mar 4 – Thur 2 hr online class
- Mar 9 – Tue 2 hr online class
- Mar 11 – Thur 2 hr online class
- Mar 16 – Tue 2 hr online class
- Mar 18 – Thur 2 hr online class
- Mar 20 – Sat – 8 hr practical session at Horseshoe Scout Reservation
- Mar 22 – Tue 2 hr online (tentative, may not be needed)
- Mar 25 – Thur 2 hr online (tentative, may not be needed)
- Mar 27 – Sat 8 hr practical session at Horseshoe Scout Reservation
- Wilderness First Aid is a 20-hour training course offered by the Chester County Council and certified by the American Safety and Health Institute.
- Who: For BSA registered adults and youth, minimum age 15
- Why: To meet requirements mandated of units organizing a high adventure trek and/or to become a better prepared Scout. This course also fulfills the core first aid requirement for the Venturing Ranger Award.
- Participants must attend ALL sessions.
- A portion of the class will be conducted outside, so please be prepared.
There is required pre-reading for this course. Lectures will be based on having completed this preliminary reading. Click here to download the required reading material.
Cost: $50 for CCCBSA Philmont contingent participants.
$125 for those registered in CCCBSA but not going with a council contingent.
$150 for those registered in a different BSA council.
$175 for those not registered with BSA.
Location: virtually and at Camp Ware.